If a tooth has been damaged beyond repair, dental crowns are a way to salvage the tooth and restore the look of your smile. A dental crown is a ceramic, tooth-shaped cap that’s sealed over a damaged or broken tooth, allowing you to use it normally and preventing the tooth from being damaged further. Renken Dentistry offers ceramic crowns in our Georgetown, TX practice to restore the appearance and function of the affected tooth.
There are many benefits to ceramic crowns, including:
- They allow you to save a tooth that might normally need to be removed.
- They allow you to avoid the adverse side effects of removing a tooth.
- Completely natural appearance that blends in with the rest of your teeth.
- Strong replacement material that can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Protection for the vulnerable tooth from decay or damage.
- An easy and painless procedure to receive a dental crown in our Georgetown, TX office
Considering dental crowns in Georgetown? Thanks to our CAD/CAM technology, dental crowns take only one appointment to complete, as they are created in-office during your visit. Before placing the crown, your dentist will remove any damage or decay in the affected tooth and shape it so that the crown can fit over it. He or she will then take an impression of your mouth that will be used to create your custom crown.
After the crown has been made, it will be placed over your tooth. Once the crown is affixed to your tooth, only your dentist will be able to remove it. It might take a few days to get used to the feeling, but once you do, it will feel just like a natural tooth.Ready to restore the appearance, function and strength of your tooth? Contact our office for an appointment by dialing (512) 863-7777 or contact us online.