Fluoride is a mineral that helps prevent cavities by fighting tooth decay and strengthening the tooth’s natural enamel. It’s commonly added to tap water and is also found in many types of toothpaste and mouthwash. Getting a healthy dose of fluoride is important, especially for children whose teeth are still developing. That’s why we offer fluoride treatment at our Georgetown, TX dental office.
Our experienced dentists recommend children receive fluoride treatments every 6 to 12 months to prevent teeth decay. Adults might also be interested in the benefits of fluoride treatment, especially if they struggle with dental issues. If you’re curious about fluoride treatment for you or your child, a Renken dentist would be happy to talk to you about the benefits.
Why Are Fluoride Treatments Important?
- They ensure children get the extra dose of fluoride they need for their growing teeth.
- They fight cavities and can even reverse signs of tooth decay before they become serious.
- They make teeth more resistant to acidic foods and plaque.
- They prevent tooth decay from setting in.
- They’re painless and affordable.
- While most adults get enough fluoride from their diets and toothpaste, a fluoride treatment can still provide them with added protection, especially if they’re at a high risk for tooth decay.
At Renken Dentistry in Georgetown, TX, we offer topical fluoride treatments that are quick and easy. We’ll apply either a fluoride rinse, foam, gel, or varnish to the teeth and wait for the treatment to set in. It’s usually a good idea to wait a little while to eat or drink after your fluoride treatment, but you should be able to resume your usual activities shortly after.
This painless treatment can help prevent serious dental issues. If you’re interested in a fluoride treatment for yourself or your child, call our Georgetown office staff at (512) 863-7777 or make an appointment online today!